Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect and analyse the following information when you interact with us:
- Information which is technical in nature, such as the internet protocol (IP) address that you use to connect to the internet, your browser type and version, type of plug in(s) used, operating system, platform, and time zone.
- Information relating to your visit such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) followed, pages you have viewed, items you have searched for, length of your visit, and methods used to browse from page to page.
- Personal information supplied by yourself or BSAC, which may include your name, email, BSAC number, address, phone number, mobile number, date of birth, gender, family members (if joint or family membership applies); guardian, guardian contact details, and relationship of guardian (if junior membership applies); diver grade, training target, instructor qualification(s), skill development courses you have completed, VHF license details; car details and towing capacity; divelogs.de username, emergency contact, emergency contract phone number, emergency contact relationship, and your photograph.
- For each trip, holiday, training session, skill development course or other event you register for, information is captured and associated with your account, including the event name, date, time, location, and duration, your attendance status, any partial or full payments made.
- If you contact HGSAC, we may keep a record of that correspondence and this may also be associated with your account.
Aggregate / Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may gather, extract, analyse, use, reproduce, publish, display, or disclose data from visits to or use of the HGSAC website in a manner that does not personally identify individual users, including for example, site metrics and textual responses provided by users through survey responses or evaluations. We use this information to provide, maintain or improve our club activities and administer and operate our club.
We may collect data about your use of the club website using cookies, Internet server logs, tracking pixels (web beacons) and similar technologies. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website, that enables us to recognize your computer/device, store your preferences and settings, enhance your user experience by delivering content specific to your interests, perform searches and analytics, and assist with security administrative functions. An Internet server log is a file where website activity is stored. Server logs are used to track usage and provide security. A tracking pixel, which is also referred to as a web beacon or a clear GIF, is an electronic tag with a unique identifier that is embedded on webpages, in online advertisements and/or email. These pixels are designed to provide usage information, such as advertising impressions or clicks, measure popularity of the licensed program materials and associated advertising, and access user cookies.
Why Do We collect this information?
It's a necessary to gather personally identifiable information in order to associate accounts with the individuals using them and determine the level of access they should have to the HGSAC website. We have a legitimate interest in capturing and processing this data for both members of the public and registered members as follows:
- To provide informational services and respond to queries from members of the public
- To provide online services to club members and ensure registered users are kept informed of club activities and able to sign up to events
- To protect the privacy of registered members, ensuring that their activity and personal data is only accessible and visible to other registered members who have been appropriate and securely authenticated
- To process applications for membership and manage subscriptions
- To process event attendance notifications and manage payment
- To keep member records up-to-date and contract members regarding renewal
- To help club members to learn new skills and encourage them to participate in club activities
- Help measure and improve the quality of our club activities
- Held identify demand across subject areas and determine the future activities of our club
How Do We Use This Information?
We use the information we collect and gather from all sources, including personally identifiable information, to:
- Authenticate you and, where applicable, log you into the HGSAC website, showing content appropriate to your level of access. This helps us to detect and fight spam, abuse, and unauthorised parties from accessing your account and information available on the site.
- Track, monitor and validate events attended, training progression, and suggest subsequent training or club events which may be of interest
- Improve our club activities based on their popularity and relevancy
- Remember your browser, preferences, settings, and other choices you have made
- Better understand how you use club facilities and customise the services with more relevant content
- Support you in your use of our website and response to help requests
- Provide you with information, products, and services that you request from us or that may be of interest to you
Where We Keep Your Personal Data
HGSAC commits to taking steps reasonably necessary to ensure your personal data is treated securely and protected against destruction, modification, unlawful dissemination, or unlawful access. We may transfer information that we collect about you, including your personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as the EU or EU member state law to which HGSAC is subject.
In circumstances where we may have given you or that you have chosen a password which may allow you to access different areas of our site then it is your responsibility to keep this confidential and secure.
Whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, transmission via the internet is not absolutely secure and we are not able to guarantee your security. Any submission or transfer of data is at your own risk.
How to Access and Correct Your Information
You may withdraw your consent at any time by immediately ceasing use of the HGSAC website and informing HGSAC in writing of your decision.
Please get in contact with any questions.